This book will show you how to create and structure your Flask app in way that makes it easy to test your ideas very quickly, maximizing your app’s chance of success. Don’t let programming get in the way of your business.
Who is this for:
- Software engineers at startups
- Side project makers
Why should you read this over other Flask tutorials?
Simplicity and Predictability are important characteristics of a Flask structure that allows you to iterate quickly. Take a look at the end product (what you’ll be building) on Github to get a view of what this means: https://github.com/nuvic/flask_for_startups.
I’ve used different Flask structures in the past, ranging from a single massive file to a modular app with Blueprints. I’ve found that this structure works well for startup/indiehacker type projects where requirements keep changing so a flexible, simple and predictable structure is crucial.
What will you get?
- You’ll get the book in these formats: PDF, mobi and epub.
- You’ll get the full code for each chapter to make it easy to follow along.
- You’ll get lifetime access to all updates to the book.
Table of Contents:
- Setting up your Flask app
- View-based Routes
- Integrating PostgreSQL and SQLAlchemy
- DB migrations with Alembic
- Services approach for account management
- Validation and error handling
- Testing with pytest and SQLAlchemy
- Deployment with NGINX and uwsgi
What it will NOT include:
Will not include how to use a JS framework with Flask. Unfortunately there’s too many ways of doing frontend.
- experience programming with Python
What’s the refund policy?
If what you see is not what you expected, just reply to the download email within 30 days and you’ll get a full refund. No questions asked.
Who are you?
I’m Nuvic. I’ve worked at various fintech and healthtech startups so I have experience seeing what works and what doesn’t work. I also have various projects of my own so I do consider myself an indiehacker. Feel free to reach out to me on twitter if you have any questions.